Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Accidental Tourist features 1st COLONIAL GRILL



My Annex Alma Mater, MARINERS' Polytechnic Colleges Foundation, Inc. Legazpi City
Appreciating the morning view from the rooftop of Gateway 21 Dormitel, infront of Mariners' Polytechnic Colleges, Rawuis, Legazpi City, Albay BICOL Philippines.


My stay in Legazpi City saw me participating at the upcoming indie full-length movie "MAGAYON" , written, directed and produced by fellow Bicolano Kevin Justin Tan Ang (but this is another story).
After the main camera's 'wet' fate on Monday night, February 20, 2017, the bigwigs of the production decided to use the drone next morning. I was out from the succeeding sequences, so, the producer paid my dues.\For my part, I bade goodbyes and thank you's to the staff and crew who are already awake.I rode the available jeepney which is bound to Tahao road or the downtown of Legazpi city, making my stop infront of the Pacific Mall.It's time for brunch (breakfast and lunch, around 10:00 AM.My target: 1st COLONIAL Grill as the enticing HOT!HOT!HOT! SILI ICE CREAM lured me to enter the dine-in area. I was ushered by the waiters immediately, given the menu and the cold drinking water.


Posing for posterity as my cp was clicked by the frontliner. Salamat!
here's what happened to me before and  inside the 1st COLONIAL Grill...








BAHAY KUBO Salad derives its name from the mentioned veggies in the said folk song.

PINK SILI ICE CREAM..only in the Bicol region, especially in Legazpi City Albay PH






IN RELATED ARTICLE:

Bicol’s ‘sili’ ice cream wins online contest

as reported by Sarah C. Imperial on Dec.3, 2016.

She wrote: 
Sweet but fiery, a delicious contrast in taste, and a year-round blockbuster for the homegrown restaurant 1st Colonial Grill, its sili ice cream won as the Best Panghimagas (dessert) under the Best Dish category in the Choose Philippines Awards held the other night at the Dolphy Theater of ABS-CBN in Quezon City.Bong Aspe, owner of the 1st Colonial Grill, said the award came as a surprise as even the nomination was a surprise in itself.
In her conclusion:
Now being dubbed as the “Pambansang Ice Cream,” the Sili Ice Cream of 1st Colonial Grill, now with a branch in Tagaytay City, its first out of Bicol, has become an iconic dish drawing not only Bicolanos to the restaurant. There are four levels of the sili ice cream’s kick, the fourth called the volcanic level attracts the boldest and most daring.
Well, what can I say? I think, I'll have a repeat of what I've experienced in Legazpi City, here in Naga City.
Tara na! MAKAKAN Kita! SIRAM!!!

See you soon, MAGAYON!!!

(c) Ireno A. Alcala, Feb.21,2017

Travel Advisory:
I you will rent or ride a van from Naga City, it will only take 1-1/2 hr or 2 hours just to be in Legazpi City. Pacific Mall is walking distance from the Legazpi terminal. You can buy souvenir items along the way. Or if you're in a jiffy, you can ride a tricycle but the fare will be P20.00 if you want to ride alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment